Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Doug Gordon on Off Camera Flash

Hi all!

I've decided to take a little switch in my blogging.  You seen, I'm no expert on photography, and I don't claim to be.  So each day, I want to give you a little photography lesson from someone who knows what they're doing.  For my first post, I want to share a link to one of my favorite photographers, Doug Gordon.  His lesson today is on off camera flash.

What I loved about Doug's lesson is the simplicity of it all.  His positioning of the light makes perfect sense.  And Doug goes more for a mood and a feel, than using different lighting styles.  Pretty much, just use a touch of light, and point the person's face towards the light to get some amazing, awesome results.  Doug also used gels on his back flashes to help make the photos more unique.  This is only about a 13 minute video, so it doesn't take much time to get his information.  Just ignore all of the plugs for pocket wizards, and enjoy the show!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H01nYT88ZXo

No comments:

Post a Comment